Sunday, August 5, 2007

The aftermath of growing up

I miss waking up in the morning with Nasi Lemak, Roti Canai and Milo Kosong on the dining table, waiting for me to devour...

I miss going to the mall with my family, while my dad complains profusely to head back home =D

I miss dozing off on the couch in front of the tv...

I miss queuing up for movie tickets and ended up hiding behind the palm of the boyfriend throughout 80% of the horror movie...

I miss chatting with my mum...

I miss the uneven roads & disorganized traffic in Seremban...

I miss the symphony of insects & toads after the rain...

I miss going to the mamak and sat there for hours just with a cup of Nestlo and good companions...

I miss the tone of dial-up internet server =P

I miss my dad's garden tour...

I miss real pasar malam; with wu tao gou, mua chi, yao char kuey, chocolate coated banana, cheap sunglasses, pirated CDs (!), smelly tauhu, and of course the crazy shopping queens who can spend over hundred bucks a night at pasar malam...

I miss kepo and her silly tricks...

I miss Chili's Caesar Salad with sliced chicken and ice cold pina colada; plus a satisfied boyfriend...

I miss screaming mandarin songs with a bunch of cracks in the yellow ah beng Kelisa...

I miss my mum's ABC soup and steamed egg with minced pork...

I miss the pressure and excitement standing on the diving board; one second before we plunge into the pool...

I miss collecting liquor bottles...

I miss folding laundry for the entire family...

I miss stopovers at the highway...




All these sacrifices BETTER BE worth it
>.<

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok.... I'm sorry. I know I'm responsible for making you miss your Mom's steamed egg with mince pork....(If there's anything I could fail easily, that would be my cooking no doubt!)
Looks like I could be adding ikan bilis to your list tonight ....

Let's hope the situation gets better with time ....
=O

MeiYuan said...

haha!!

NO! your cooking is nice! home cooked food is always ALWAYS better than outside ones =D

Ting said...

Aww..yuan yuan! Hang in there girl, I'm sure it'll be worth it for your future! :)

Can't wait to see u!! I'm going home after Friday morning practice. Please call me when you're back k!!

Edward said...

Better be... or what?

MeiYuan said...

Ed: Good question!! Well better be, or... *sings "I'm coming back home.." =)

Liquor Whisper said...

Knowing that you miss so many things from back home, means that you are not getting used the life in Spore...Remember opportunity cost? Look at the good sides as well..it is what we call growth. You can stay home and do what you used to do, but you definately lost the chances to explore and get to know yourself better.

like what yting said, hang in htere. you will get there...

love,
ll