Lene Marlin soothes my soul =)
Thoughts are rumbling in my mind, struggling to pour out into words and yet I'm just plain lazy to construct beautiful sentences. Yes, once aspired to be a journalist, now I wonder whether I have what it takes to be one. Frankly speaking, my language skills are not perfect; since I'm Chinese educated and not so much of a Mandarin freak; which result to a "half-way there" knowledge in all my languages.
So I majored in Film & TV Broadcasting. Lecturers always encourage us to create thought provoking - out of the box productions; for which I directed my own documentary of "Polis Raja di Malaysia" on police brutality. Well it's not like a "fuiyoh" production. Do not want to elaborate much on that (media law was one of our subjects ok!) But i still questioned myself on why am I not in this field?
At times I do envy my coursemates who made it there with their dreams and passion. And those who are born with talents to pave their future...
Imagine this: Travelling around the globe with a laptop and a SLR Camera, indulging in local cuisines while writing on interesting bits of diversed cultures yet to be known worldwide! Every journals out there in the magazines are so commercialized & over-rated that mainly caters to the tourists! Who wouldnt know the Eiffel Tower, Thames, Big Ben, Koh Samui, Niagara Falls.... What we should really discover is the lifestyle, tradition, culture, beliefs of the people who share the same globe with us! Isn't it ironic that babies are born simultaneously every second in different parts of the world; and yet what lies ahead of them is totally different?
Wouldn't it be nice if I can use the power of words and pictures to tell stories behind any family; rich nor poor? Well that is always a nice dream =)
2 comments:
Get yourself a videocamera and start your own project, to build your profile. Then post your short clips on your blog or even U-Tube, and direct your prospective employers there to rate your potential.
If you want those jobs bad enough, you'll get your dream job!
Me too!!
I'm in the team too!
Post a Comment