Sunday, November 4, 2007

Let's Talk about LOVE

No I don’t mean mushy love story.

My ‘business trip” back to my beloved country, Malaysia was definitely fruitful. Good thing in a sense was that I get to meet up with most of my close friends; namely Cynthia, Vincent, and Justin; of course Yi Ting- Thanks girl for spending such a wonderful time together. Nothing beats great cheesecake, a coffee and great companion =)

However, after working in Singapore for almost a year now; I started comparing my own country with Singapore. First thing was I bought the newspaper – I’m not sure bout other people, but I get SO angry reading the papers. Crime rate is still rising and the best thing were, what our MP discussed in the parliament meeting was CRAP. There they were, discussing whether the term “Orang tidak upaya” (disabled people) is rude enough to be used on our wheelchair bound MP (you know who I’m talking about). Well, it’s not the first time they speak “nonsense” in the parliament meeting. Remember the “bocor” incident?

And let’s not go to the “astronaut” issue. I’m truly sorry for the lost of his brother, but is he even qualified to be named as an ASTRONAUT? To me, he’s just a space visitor. You’ll never know, the next thing he might be a Dato’.

On a more “layman” issue, my trip up to KL was totally disappointing and frustrating. First, my commuter train was “rosak” (note: spoilt) so everyone had to get off and wait for the next train to arrive. I thought: Nothing can get worse than this. But hey, since Malaysia always Boleh, the next train arrived after approximately 30min – without air-con. So basically we were stuck in an oven, full with homosapiens who will stare at you throughout the journey. Oh well, never underestimate my country.

The thing is, I really do love my country! I love the place, the food, the lifestyle (yes I’m serious) as compared to Singapore. That’s why it is maddening to see that our government is not fully utilizing the resources to improve our country. Malaysia is such a beautiful country with so much potential to be well known in the world map - in a positive way. Obviously they know where the problem lies, so just by showing us that you’ve nabbed a few corrupted businessmen will not eradicate the bigger picture.

I wish one day, I will be proud to say “Saya Anak Malaysia”.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are talking about politics here .... politicians never get anything right !
Enjoy Malaysia. Knowing its not entirely safe, you have to be vigilant.....
The world is not safe. If its safe from crime, it may not be safe from natural disasters!
So, don't wait for the government to make things happen.
Be happy you're surrounded by loving family and friends, and that you can still enjoy the beauty of Malaysia ... various makan .... that's all that matters
=)

Haneysa said...

Oh my god mei yuan couldn't believe I found you here!
Working already? Coool!