Thursday, June 23, 2011

Green Green Grass

The other day, we were chatting and I uttered something,
"Some people just have a smooth sailing life"

He replied,
"On the surface"

That's so true. He practically brought me back to the Earth. I've always have the impression that the grass is greener at the other side; or in this situation, the grass is greener at his/her backyard. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my life. I'm absolutely blessed to be surrounded by all the friends and family whom I truly care about; and at 27, I do pat myself at the back sometimes for achieving what I am today.

But you know, sometimes we just wander off to the "what-if" land.

Hence, once in a while, I just need a gentle reminder to tell me that "You're doing just fine".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I must have read this book "City of Joy" when I was your age. About the poor in Calcutta.

Its a true story, made into a movie which unfortunately didn't rate much.

Check it out if you have the time.

:)

MeiYuan said...

Sounds interesting! Yes will definitely search for it at the bookstore ;) Thanks!