Today, I want to talk about my Daddy. The person who had spoilt me, spent his whole life working hard to provide a shelter over our head; and the last thing on his mind is to buy anything for himself.
My daddy is, well, not your typical conservative father.
"Two daughters enough already lor", he always say. We're his gem, and he's always been very proud of us. Constantly bragging about us to neighbours and friends; to a certain extent where I always felt embarassed. That's my daddy.
Being the youngest, I have always been treated like a princess. He used to wake me up for school by carrying me to the washroom every single morning until I was 9yrs old. And he will, without fail, put toothpaste on me & my sister's toothbrush every single morning until I was 12yrs old. My relatives used to tease him, "you've became a slave to your kids!". Well, he loves us. That's my daddy.
When we were into competitive swimming, my daddy will attend every single swimming lessons we had. He watched us train, scrutinized our strokes, and gave us post-training lectures if we were not doing well. He will buy books about swimming & literally teach us how to swim. The motivation sessions were too overwhelming till we became good and started to bombard him by saying "Well, can you swim faster than us?". He's such a gem. That's my daddy.
My daddy always encourage us to pursue our interests & expose us to the wonderful exciting world. My sister and I were actively involved in swimming (of course), as well as drawing, singing, story telling, calligraphy, choral speaking, and even, costume competitions in school. Well, we are a competitive bunch. And my daddy has always been behind us through all that. There were nights where we were too tired from training, he will "help" us in our school works. Which father will literally do your homework for you? Well, that's my daddy.
I moved to boarding school when I was 16, and had been staying far away from home ever since. I know it's difficult for him, with me being faraway from home. The first few years were still alright, as I still get to go home every weekend. It's been almost 10 years now, and it's getting more difficult for me recently; as I'm in Singapore. "As long as you are happy, it doesn't matter where you are," he always say. I've always known that deep down inside, he wishes for me to go home.
I will, someday. It's time for me to spoil you & give you the royal treatment!
Happy Birthday my dear Daddy!
Note: of course, everything above applies to my Mummy too! except the Happy Birthday bit :)
1 comment:
Youe Dad and Mom will be really proud to have such a daughter as you. You and yr sister are always Daddy's little girls in their life.
Post a Comment