Monday, December 17, 2007

You've got to be kidding me

With the initiatives of updating myself on current affairs; ended up in a controversial thought.

Oh what the heck I'm gonna say this again: I love my country, but sometimes our politicians just kind of drive me up the wall.

Read: Shared Mission

As quoted from The Star, our beloved Prime Minister was expressing his sincerest opinion on improving our country.

"Problems will be there but we work at overcoming them. Give us a chance to develop this country. What needs to be done, I will do, but it will take time. That is the nature of my work."

Oh yes, we've been waiting for our country to be developed since 50yrs ago...and still counting. Of course we know that improving the lifestyle and standard of a country TAKES TIME; but does it occur to them that instead of moving forward, our politicians' mentality seems to be moving backward? Those were the days where people live harmoniously under the same kampung; but nowadays, it is clearly depicted that which area "belongs" to which race. How? Just take a look at the road's condition.

“What is wrong is wrong. The law is colour blind. You must remember that we want Malaysia to be a peaceful place. We resolve problems by discussing them."

Smacking back at your own statement Mr Prime Minister. If the law is colour blind, why does our constitution guarantees special rights to certain cluster of citizens? Yes, I am against public protests too as it will not only causes more hatred among the protesters; the May 13th incident might reoccur as well. But hey, if our politicians actually LISTEN to what the people have to say, we would be happy enough to sit down and talk over a cup of coffee dude.

I am not a racist; I have friends consist of all races and I do believe that
his statement of: "I want us to continue to live peacefully and harmoniously as citizens of this country,” will come through in no time if we are all treated equally.

Buck up and start listening already.

No comments: