Tuesday, August 28, 2007

WOMAD 2007

World of Music Arts and Dance is equivalent to Malaysia's Rainforest Music Festival; well not that I've been to one =P

Anyway was involved in WOMAD last weekend and it was a blast! This year was their 10th Anniversary so its bigger and louder than before! Despite the occasional gloomy weather, the event turned out to be great! well, not that I've been to one before too =P

So yeah, was "working" during the event; guess I spent more time wandering around to different stages of performances than staying at my "working" spot. Well I trust my team; so rather than standing there supervising every move they make, I gave them space to express themselves *cover line lah..

I might sound "kampung" abit but I've never heard of ANY of the band names before this; but now I'm so in love with Shooglenifty (a band from Scotland) and David D'Or from Israel is awesome! I guess you can google them or watch their performances in YouTube.

K la... Heavy post of pictures ahead =)

Set up day @the Main Stage


Designer George and I @the Ice Pool

Pretty? Yes its 100% Ice Bar with blue flourescent lights


Love this!


Cherie and I

I and Melvin

Hilarious way of seving a chicken, by Blooies

Free Flow

So cute

Camwhoring again

K la enough

It has been a fruitful experience for me; definitely one of the perks for working in the events. I took some video of the performances but due to lousy equipment, its best that I refrain myself from posting it here =P

I'm seriously in need of hibernation...

Anyway convo next week! Finally! Its bout time man.. Can't wait! Especially to catch up with peers...

6 comments:

suYin said...

lolz sure is a farnie way to serve a chicken.

blooies? which blooies? there's one just behind my hostel haha

when when? wkends meet! like more than half a year dy?!

MeiYuan said...

haha i think they hav 2 franchise here, one at Siglap and another one should be the one near ur place =P

u la busy girl, takde time for weekend outing haha

Anonymous said...

Lucky You ... All that late nights working at WOMAD is definitely worth it!
=P

Ting said...

i'm counting down the days til u come back :) whoop whoop!

Anonymous said...

can't wait till you're back : )

extend your stay a bit la...

MeiYuan said...

I wish i could take longer break too! but this quarter of the year is crazy hectic!

its a Sunday and im in the office right now.. sigh